Return to Mirror World
| PART II
This page contains some random
information about the plot.
There were several major
red-herrings, or false clues, in this plot.
- No passcode for the Haunted Woods was ever released.
Stopping people from accessing that world was simply a diversion.
- You were not supposed to complete Dr. Sloth's Quest.
- The Lucky Space Faerie Charm's passcode didn't work
anywhere in Mirror World.
Several missions were either
changed or never added to the plot. Here are some of the biggest changes:
- Mission One was not originally going to be so easy,
but was changed moments prior to PART I's release in order to make it
easier on new plot solvers.
- Mirror Lord Kass was originally going to be the main
villain in this plot, but he was later eliminated from the plot almost
entirely! However, since The Three brought him back during this plot, he
is now considered an active character in Mirror World.
- If Mirror Kass was used as the main villain, this
plot would have ended in the Citadel instead of the Faerie Caves.
- Two pages were altered in case Kass was the main
- Originally, participants would have needed to find
the Faerie Mushrooms to save each faerie, but since there are no
Mushrooms for Taelia or Jhuidah, we had to change the manners in which
they were saved.
- Jelly World was not originally going to be included
in this plot.
- Kiko Lake has never been included in a Mirror World
- Roo Island was only used once: the 2005 Easter Negg
- prince_raptor or Starbladez were going to be
characters in this plot, but were never added.
- This plot used segments from numerous previous plots
on Neopets.com including the Invasion of Meridell, the Battle for
Meridell, the Darkest Faerie, the Lost Desert TCG Expansion Set, the
Mystery Island Volcano Plot, the Return of Dr. Sloth TCG Expansion Set,
the Mystery Island TCG Expansion Set, and Neoquest II. The main
storyline is a continuation from the Neopets Hive's previous plot, the
Mirror World Mystery, as well as our most recent contest, the Feast of
- The Secret Ninja Training School was going to be used
in this plot, but since the plot was already far too complicated
already, it was left out.
- The basic or complete solutions to several parts of
this plot were already available in the Mirror World Mystery Guide from
2004, including: Sutek's Tomb, the Kreludan Mining Corp. Authorization
Code, Grimilix's Location, the Rubbish Dump as a source of mushrooms,
Eithne's location, the Uber-Air Faerie's location, and Mirror Altador as
a secret world.
- Initially, we were waiting for the release of Altador
and Lutari Island to begin planning this plot.
- Psellia was originally going to be the one giving out
the Hidden Quest, but since we couldn't find a good location for her, we
used the Uber-Air Faerie instead.
- The Neopets Hive will no longer be using long
passcodes in any future plots or contests.
- In this plot, King Hagan serves almost the same role
as Illusen did during our first Mirror World plot.
- There are no Blue Grundo
Morphing Potions in Neopia.
- The vial of Zombie Remedy is actually an altered
Bottle of Red Sand. The image used for the Zombie Remedy Injection
exists on Neopets servers but the injection itself does not exist
anywhere in Neopia.
- Light Faerie Dust was also used during the Mirror
World Mystery. Siyana is still the only faerie in Mirror World who can
- Illusen was originally going to be zombified for this
plot, but then we remembered the Caption Contest picture from 2004 in
which Illusen was fanning Jhudora. As a result, we made Illusen
Jhudora's slave instead.
- The Parrot on the Hill was used in this plot,
although most people never needed him. His quote could actually be used
as a hint for defeating the Corrupted Faeries in the Faerie Caves if a
participant was lost, though.
- The Island Mystic had two fortunes during the plot.
For PART I it was, "There's treasure in them there ruins." For PART II
it was, "A lucky charm will bring you prosperity in all the right
places." The first clue was supposed to lead you to the Deserted Ruins,
while the second was intended to help you figure out what to do at the
Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity, among other places.
- There were five Random Events in total: The
Mysterious Statue, King Hagan (when freed), Altador, the Grooming
Parlour, and the Discarded Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity.
- It took three days to create the riddles and poem for
this plot and make them all work.
- Initial work on this plot started not long after the
Feast of the Faerie in May. It took two weeks to alter Mirror World.
- The Lucky Space Faerie Charm could initially be used
to get past the Kastraliss, but that was changed the day PART II was
- The Haunted Woods was originally going to be
included, but was later left out.
- The Negg Faerie was going to be involved in PART II,
but we couldn't think of any realistic ways to include her.
- The user chronicle_blades currently holds the record
for completing the most Neopets Hive contests (4 out of 5). He can be
found on the High Scores Table for the 2004 and 2005 Easter Negg Hunts,
the Mirror World Mystery, and the Return to Mirror World plots.
- Nearly two dozen users were disqualified during this
contest for breaking the rules. Just as many people are expected to have
gotten away with it, but most never finished in time.
- About 100 more people could have gotten small
Neopoint prizes, but because of rampant cheating, forum problems, and
exhausted moderators/staff, the plot was ended early. This will be
looked into thoroughly if another plot like this is ever hosted here.
- In the end, the very first winner could have walked
away with 1,000,000 Neopoints, and later winners could have won as many
as 500,000 Neopoints, but because all of the winners' times were so
close, the prizes were split up evenly between the three main groups.
- At any one point in time, around 200 users were
visiting the site. We estimate that at least 500 visitors attempted to
participate, and at about 250 of them were seriously involved.
| PART II